Castle Assignment
Final Model
For this assignment, I created a small castle with windows inspired by European architecture, while aiming for it to look like a mansion someone could be living in. This building has a lot of windows, so I imagine that if it was real, it would be surrounded by a scenic nature view.
Here's how it turned out:
And here are two screenshots taken based on how the point of view of a person walking around the castle would be like:
Creation Process:
To make this, I first started making rough sketches of the general layout while looking at castle references, and once I realized I wanted there to be a lot of windows, I came up with a few designs and variations that I would use throughout the model.
I figured I would really be able to visualize my concept if I started working on it and sorted the rough edges along the way, so I didn't sketch any further and got to work.
Here is the front view of the finished castle before and after I added the outside benches, path and fountain:
This model challenged me to come up with more ideas on the go, as I didn't plan a lot of it on paper beforehand. I also wanted to make as many windows as possible, so I had to make sure they were all different from one another and aligned with the irregular castle structure that I created. I would say my biggest challenge in this project was o come up with the layout of the castle and placement for all of the windows, because after that, it was a very smooth sailing.
Although the windows were a challenge to come up with, I'd say I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, and I definitely consider them a success. Although they all follow certain patters, I was able to give them distinct shapes and identities, and I can almost imagine what looking out of one of them would be like.
Overall, this project was a perfect mix of having fun with 3D modeling and the overcoming of challenges. I learned a lot, and especially got to remember how to properly use Rhino 8 once again.
Comments
Post a Comment